Maglev trains have been proven to be better than existing train tech. No moving parts, more efficient propulsion, quieter and much faster. Ian sure the current large capital expenses for construction can be reduced with scale and better tech. I would love to go to Disney World from Tampa in 20 minutes to have dinner in the Contemporary and see the fireworks and then be home 30 minutes later. My grand daughter is in Port St Lucie, currently almost a 4 hour drive, I would like to jump on the train, transfer in Orlando to a train heading to The Keys and get off in Port St Lucie.
I would like to see this done without government assistance, funded by investors and pained for by users. Anyone who has traveled I4 across the stare or on US19 would gladly trade sitting in a car for an hour for a high speed trip without doing the driving.
But how to start and who to ask to be on the team. I would think USPS and UPS and Amazon would want to be a part of this, no air travel delays from weather.
The current technology is great and would be used, but I know there is some young punk playing with Lego maglev train that will come up with something better.
We need to get started and get routes laid down before development and makes things complicated. I can envision stations at major population centers, like malls, schools, resorts, airports, where parking is available. Eventually parking will not be needed.
I would like to assemble a team to make this a reality, want to help?

Comments